We have spent more than a year developing, testing and refining the strongest rack available for the 5th Gen 4Runner owner. Introducing the Big Country 4x4 5thGen 4Runner roof rack. All welded. All aluminum. All custom extrusions.
550lbs Dynamic load rating (drilled front feet version)
360lbs Dynamic load rating (no-drill version)
Big Country 4x4 racks are welded from purpose-made aluminum extrusions (no 8020 here) with M8 T-slots that accept standard bolts (we don't like proprietary hardware either...). It even mounts with the Big Country 4x4 4Runner Rack Delete Kit which seals the roof, allowing the rack to be removed without leaving holes for cleaning or off-season removal.
- 87" x 49" x 2"
- Constructed in a sturdy latticework with dove-tailed and welded joints
- Powder-coated black
- Fully welded
- No-edge flat lip design for easy loading of items that overhang the rack
- 1/4" thick cast aluminum welded-in corner sections
- M8 tracks along top and bottom of perimeter rails
- M8 tracks on each floor plank and load bar
- Bolted to OEM holes middle & rear
- Front feet are bolted to a heavy duty 1/4" steel stud plate with M8 hardware inside the ceiling (550 lbs version) or bolted to glued-down no-drill brackets for a de-rated full length rack
Fitment is achieved via a specially made foot assembly mounted to existing threaded holes on the roof – no drilling and no chance of leaks. These assemblies will require 2 x 9mm holes drilled for each front foot or affixed with HD mounting tape for the de-rated no-drill option.
The roof rack is easily removable when not is use.
NOTE: Proper installation for full rating requires drilling and partial dropping of headliner to allow access for inserting the 3" x 3/4" x 1/4" threaded stud plate under the ceiling. Using an installer familiar with Toyota work is suggested for someone unfamiliar or uncomfortable with the vehicle-specific work involved. The "no-drill" option uses the same hardware on top but simply uses mounting tape instead of 2 x M8 bolts. Full-length installation video and call-center support available for installation help for DIY customers.